Pages

Monday, 6 October 2014

Service Learning Blogpost #1

In Home Base, we recently discussed our own likes and skills as we contemplated our service learning projects. I like to help people, especially children. I always help my sister at home, so I know what kids like and how to talk to them. I want my service learning project to relate to helping children.

I haven't decided exactly what club or organisation to work for, but I think I want to volunteer with helping children. One of the options from school that I am considering is the Ronald McDonald Foundation that celebrates birthdays for children that are ill and in the hospital. I think this would be a good opportunity to interact with the children and to make them happy.

My next steps for my service learning will be to find out more about different organisations or clubs and decide which specific one, and do some research about each of them. I might also do something outside of school with my family. If I decide to do a club in school, I need to sign up and start attending meetings.


No comments:

Post a Comment