Pages

Tuesday, 20 May 2014

Blogpost with Parents

I showed my parents my model, presentation, and the interactive quiz game that we are going to use to explain our astronomy topic- Why are some stars brighter than others?

Parent's feedback:
I learnt quite a few new things about stars and their brightness. It was something we always saw but did not really think much about. I thought it was interesting how the different color of stars corresponded to the temperatures, and this affects how bright they look to us. I did not know before that different stars had different structures and processes(nuclear fusion) that made them bright. Yubin also knew what she was talking about, and she was pretty confident when some parts could have been a bit difficult to understand or research. When she was presenting, some questions came up, and one of them was; why does this process actually affect the temperature or brightness? We discussed this question, and using the research, we came up with a conclusion; nuclear fusion is an atomic reaction, and when atoms combine, it releases a massive amount of energy that fuels the stars.

Model


No comments:

Post a Comment