This is my reflection on my Semester 1 ITN, and goals for Semester 2.
1. What makes a great “In the News” presentation? Give 2 to 3 examples.
Some factors that make a good “In the News” presentation include content, body language, and voice. Having enough and knowing your content and information is very important to give an interesting and meaningful presentation. Body language, such as gestures, are important to keep the audience paying attention, and to add meaning to or emphasize the information. Using a clear and loud voice is also a necessary skill to giving a presentation.
2. What feedback did you receive about your “In the News” presentation last semester.
a) What went well for you?
My information on the ITN Document and my knowledge of the content was thorough, and I used the ‘Tell n Show’ method well in my visual presentation by keeping a good balance of pictures and words. I got feedback that my talking points and evidence were well chosen.
b) What areas do you need to focus on and improve?
I need to focus on mostly the communication part, such as skills like projecting my voice, using gestures meaningfully, and controlling my movements.
3. Write 2 to 3 goals that you would like to achieve on your “ITN” presentation this semester. These goals should be explicit (stated clearly and in detail, including how you will achieve the goal) and measurable (you are easily able to determine if your goal was achieved).
Goal 1: I would like to improve on using my voice to make my presentation more meaningful, such as projecting my voice so that it can clearly be heard from the back of the room and people can easily hear and understand it. I also would like to add expression to emphasize or make certain parts memorable. To do this, I will practice my script more before the presentation to get confident with presenting and to know if I have achieved the goal, I will get feedback from others regarding voice projection and expression.
Goal 2: I would also like to focus on using gestures to make my presentation more interesting, and to enhance the understanding of the audience. Specifically, I would like to improve on using gesture to explain more and emphasize. To do this, I will go through my script and presentation multiple times, and maybe select some gestures that could fit with that part, and to get comfortable with using body language. I will use feedback and the rubric to determine if I have achieved my goal.
No comments:
Post a Comment