Pages

Saturday, 6 October 2012

Bubble Gum Experiment

           In science class, we did an experiment to find out the percentage of sugar in a piece of bubble gum. To do this, we first measured the mass of the gum with a triple beam balance. Then the whole class chewed the gum for 5 minutes at about the strength and rate, by using a metronome. After chewing, we sucked out all the liquid from the bubble gum, spit it out, and measured the mass again. Now, the bubble gum had become lighter. We subtracted the mass after chewing from the mass before chewing and that was the amount of sugar we just ate. To find out how much sugar that actually was, we got a chunk of sugar and tried to get the same mass as our calculations.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I loved your Animoto! I liked the way you explained what we did in the experiment. One suggestion I have is that you could say what percentage of gum is sugar and flavouring.
    Avantika K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool way of sharing your experiment!

    ReplyDelete